Friday, May 16, 2008

Prediction 1984

I knew it was bound to happen that Julia and Winston would get caught. However, it completely took me by surprise that Mr. Charrington was involved with the Thought Police. I think that Julia will be killed if she isn't already dead. She was the first one they hit and then took her away. They have no use for her. I don't think that Winston will be killed, yet. They have yet to even touch him. If they wanted him gone it would have happened right away. I feel like the Thought Police are going to use Winston to their advantage. Even though he doesn't know much about the Brotherhood, just knowing O'Brien might make him valuable. Maybe the Though Police thinks he can help them take down the Brotherhood. However, without Julia Ithink Winston will commit suicide before ever helping the Thought Police. He told O'Brien that he would be willing to kill himself if the time came. He never said he would part from Julia though and I think that is going to be the hard part for Winston.